Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Philosophy "The Oxygen Peel"

I want to review this product first because it's one I'm so glad I found! I've tried many other skin care masks and scrubs, but there is nothing like this one out there. Its versatility, value, and effectiveness makes it one of my have-to-have skin care products. It's sold in any department stores that sell Philosophy, as well as Sephora and Ulta. It's usually $55, is recommended to be used weekly and comes with 10 uses, so for two & a half months worth of beautiful skin, it's a great deal!

It comes with little capsules of Catalase enzyme and a jar of oxygen foam. You first empty one capsule into the provided plastic cup with lid and fill about half way with warm water and shake well for 1-3 min and let it sit until gel forms. You spread the gel all over the face, avoiding the eye area and hairline. Then, you add about a teaspoon amount of the oxygen foam, massaging it all over the face. The gel and foam react together and allow it to sit for 1-3 min. Then, you simply "shave" it off with the little white, plastic stick included, splash off your face and you will be left with beautiful, luminous skin! (Philosophy also recommends using it 3 days in a row for a quick boost to refresh your skin, then use weekly from then on.)

I have normal to dry skin with redness, while my husband tends to be oily and sensitive and this product has worked wonders for us. My redness has been dramatically reduced and it keeps his skin oil free, but not dry and has greatly cut down on break outs!

Tax refunds are coming in so I'd strongly recommend this mini-splurge, since it's a heck of a lot cheaper than a facial and your skin will more than thank you for it (making your make-up look even better!).

No comments:

Post a Comment