Friday, January 31, 2014

Weekend! What's good? You've been missed.

So it is time for the weekend now, which means those eyes get smokier, that liner gets black and done up, and you are going out! I had the pleasure of going out on Wednesday (who says you can't have a weekend night any night?!) Anyway, here's an idea for a "night out" look and how I achieved it! Hope you enjoy! Feel free to comment with any questions!
 
First, always begin with a clean face for best application and results. I use my Victoria's Secret PRO SMOOTH FX Lip Scrub & Balm to prep my lips. I use the scrub portion, massaging on in a circular motion and then I tissue it off. I then apply a thin layer of the balm to protect my lips during makeup application.

Next, I apply Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB in the Light/Medium shade all over my face. It acts as a primer, but also provides a "candlelight" effect, diffusing and minimizing flaws, discolorations, redness, and blemishes. I next apply my concealer. I use NYX HD Photogenic Concealer in Light. I apply the concealer using a small foundation brush to my under eye circles, inner corner, and eyelids. This makes the entire eye area brighter, helps diffuse any visible capillaries on the eyelid and acts as a good base to your eye shadow base. I also apply the concealer to my cheeks to diminish redness. Next I take the tip of my brush and apply the concealer around my lip line to make the lips more defined and appear fuller. Feel free to apply concealer anywhere else you feel needs a little extra coverage. Remember to dab on the concealer to the intended area then using a stippling effect (quickly dabbing the brush on your face and moving around the necessary area at the same time).

Now it's time for foundation! I use ULTA Fabulous Face Compact Foundation in Nude Beige. This does come with a round sponge, but I always prefer to use a brush. I LOVE Real Techniques Stippling Brush for foundation application. It's a dual fiber brush so it helps to create an airbrushed application. Again, use the stippling effect, but also feel free to apply in small circular motions so you get an even application instead of "painting on", which leaves lines. Be sure to work the foundation well into your jaw line and smooth it into your hairline for an even appearance. Bring the foundation down under your chin and slightly down your neck for consistency. I then set the foundation using NYC Smooth Skin Face Powder in Translucent (this is a loose powder) so apply using a large powder brush for a light application to simply set the foundation. Next, I apply a pressed powder for a smooth, completed finish and work the powder down my neck and into my collarbone for a flawless appearance all the way.

Next, it is time to contour! Remember, when face makeup has been applied correctly you have a blank slate. Your face is flawless; discoloration, redness, darkness, blemishes are all hidden. Therefore, you are washed out. You CANNOT stop here. I know so many people are scared of bronzers because so many people end up with that awful "oompa loompa" look. That just means your using the wrong one or applying too much or applying incorrectly. I use MAC Bronzing Powder in Matte Bronze. I prefer a matte bronzer so your face doesn't look like a glitter bomb exploded. Use a large, loose bristled powder brush for even, LIGHT application. Begin in the center of your forehead and sweep the brush down around the outside of your eye and onto your cheekbone, then back out and around to your chin. Repeat on the other side. Next, make a "fishy face" to suck in your cheeks. In that dip, apply the bronzer in an upward motion up & around your cheek bone. This will give your face definition and create the appearance or highlight natural high cheek bones. This application style provides contouring, but also leaving bronzer only where the sun would naturally "kiss" your face ... aka not under your nose!

Next I apply blush using a blush brush on the apples of my cheeks (smile and they'll pop out) and I sweep the blush up and around my eye on my temple area. This lifts your face and adds natural coloring. Then I take a highlighter and apply it over my cheekbones and around to the temple, in the dip under your lower lip, the dip above the center of your upper lip under your nose, down your nose, and above your eyebrows. You're now contoured and look like you're still alive with natural coloring in your face .. sans flaws! In this look I used a combination of the 4 blushes and the medium highlighter (center shade) from NYX's BUTT NAKED - TURN THE OTHER CHEEK palette. Now onto the eyes.

I first always apply MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Painterly. It's my love! Like makes it into the "can only have 3 things when stranded on a desert island scenario" kind of love so go get it now and be amazed! Apply this to the entire eye lid from lash line to brow and into the inner corner of the eye. I then took an eye shadow brush and applied ULTA Eyeshadow in Iceland by dabbing it on from my lash line to my crease and building the color. Then I brought it up under my eyebrow and into the inner corner, as well as just under the tear duct area. This color is a shimmery white, perfect for a traditional smoky eye. Next, I applied a matte black eye shadow, NYX Nude Matte Shadow in Stripped. I began by applying the black with an angled eyeshadow brush, always using the angled side. I began in my outer corner and worked my way in through the crease. Next I took a blending eyeshadow brush and followed the same line working in small circular motions to blend and smooth the black shadow. I was so happy to see I only needed these two colors because the shimmer of the white under the black mixes in creating an easy natural transition. Next I applied a cream black eyeliner using an eyeliner brush, staying as close to the lash line as possible from the inner to outer corner and as this was a "going out" look, I created a winged look too for a little more drama. I also applied some black shadow just under my lower lash line and used a black liner pencil in my lower water line. Finish up with some mascara and you are almost done!

BROWS! They frame your face, define your eyes, and are just freaking necessary! And if you don't do them, they are diminished by the face makeup and are even less noticeable than having no makeup on. I use a disposable mascara wand to brush out my brows first. Then I take an eyebrow pencil, freshly sharpened to be precise, and I fill in the entire brow in short, small strokes. I used ULTA Ultimate Brows Shade & Shaper Pencil in Brunette.

Now, I use a tissue to wipe off the balm from my lips. The balm catches any and all makeup that lands on your lip and helps it wipe off smoothly. I then reapply a very thin layer of lip balm for a smooth base. Then I applied a pink lipstick and gloss. I used an NYX lipstick and Sephora's Lip Gloss in baby doll pink.


Well that's all loves! Feel free to click any of the links above to see the product I mentioned and comment if you have any questions at all! Don't forget to Pin, Like, and Share! Smooches boo!




No comments:

Post a Comment