Wednesday, February 12, 2014

My New Lover

So I have found my new obsession in a tiny little jar and I love it all over my lips :) It's made by The Body Shop and I found it in ULTA. It's super small, inexpensive, delicious smelling, and a MIRACLE!

The Body Shop Shea Lip Butter
Click for enlarged view
^click me to go to The Body Shop and buy me^




It's a life saver (not to mention a lip saver) that can fit in the palm of your hand. Dry, chapped, or peeling lips suck. There's no two ways about it. It's uncomfortable and can be down right painful, can lead to bleeding, and facing facts, it's fugly! Lips, whether full or thinner, are supposed to be soft, smooth, supple, and KISSABLE! Dry, cracked lips do not yell "kiss me" at all. This product is amazing. My number one complaint is that when my lips are dry, I might as well skip any lip color. It looks terrible around the cracks, doesn't last, and gets that awful white line in your lips. But I, as I'm sure every fellow makeup lover out there, knows your look is just incomplete if you don't have SOMETHING on them. Gloss, lipstick, tinted balm, stain ... whatever, just something! I have used ten million and one products that claim to hydrate, soften, smooth and so on and very few do one if any of the things they promise. I love my Victoria's Secret ProFX Lip Scrub and Balm ... the scrub is great. The balm is really nice as a hydrating base under lip color, but as an overnight treatment or for severely needy lips, that just doesn't pack enough punch. This lip butter is my new best friend. It literally feels like rubbing your finger tip into a stick of butter. It's thick, creamy, luscious and one touch, you'll know it's going to help your dry lips. It smells AMAZING, a soft hint of shea butter. There's no real taste either so it's not gross if you get a little on your teeth.

It's $6.00 on The Body Shop's website. I found it at ULTA for $6.50, on sale for $4.50 so by all means, stock up! The Body Shop is offering a Valentine's Day special right now too! "Mix & match any items side wide and buy 3, get 3 free or buy 2, get 2 free". Now's a great time to buy & try!

Bonus: you're helping the world by helping your lips. The Body Shop shares:


  • Shea Butter

    "Our Community Fair Trade shea butter comes from Ghana. Local women hand-harvest shea nuts, dry them in the sun and crack them to extract the kernels. These are roasted and ground into a paste to make the butter. Our trade with the Tungteiya Women’s Shea Butter Association has helped to fund three medical centres and 10 nursery schools. To find out more, visit our Community Fair Trade section."

No comments:

Post a Comment