Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Great Mask Line I Found!

My hubby and I needed a kick-start for our skin so I picked up two different masks at our Walmart based on our skin care concerns. I wanted something to hydrate and rejuvenate my skin and he needed something to remove excess oil and essentially clean his face. While I looked around at a variety of brands and prices, I stumbled upon a small section of masks in pouches for one-time uses. I chose one for him and one for me and here's what we thought:

Mine:
Freeman Feeling Beautiful Facial Peel-Off Mask Cucumber
It looks a lot like clear glue, and feels like it too! I squeezed it out of the pouch into my hands and tried to rub them together to easily spread it on my face and that just wasn't happening! I could barely separate my hands! I decided to push through and spread the glue-like substance on my face avoiding the eye and lip area and the hairline. It said to leave on for 5-10 minutes, or until dry, then simply peel off and rinse with warm water. I gave it a try and after about 10 minutes, it was just about dry. I began to peel it off and it peels rather easily. It peels in pretty big sections so it isn't too time-consuming to remove. As soon as I began peeling it away, I could already feel how smooth my skin was. Once I rinsed with warm water and dried my face, I felt my cheeks, which are usually drier, and my skin felt great. It was smooth, hydrated, and refreshed. Best of all, it didn't irritate my skin and leave me all red. I was extremely happy with my mask and would certainly use it again. Even better, each pouch only cost $1.37!
Freeman Peel-Off Cucumber Mask at Walmart

Hubby's: (Orange for the Flyers!)
Freeman Mint & Lemon Facial Clay Mask
This mask was for deep pore cleansing, which he always likes. This was like a typical clay mask and smoothed right on over his face. We applied it evenly to his skin, avoiding the eye and lip areas, the hairline, and any facial hair. This mask didn't specify time, merely just said to rinse with warm water once dry. He allowed it to dry and said he could feel it hardening. He rinsed with warm water and was left was soft, clean skin! He did mention towards the end of the mask drying, during rinsing, and until he moisturized, his face felt tight and a slight burning. While he has combination skin (oily T-zone and dry to normal in the cheeks), he is also extremely sensitive. This product was great for a kick-start for him, but I'd stick to using this about once a month for an extra boost and using the mask I used for him weekly or every other week. However, if you are not sensitive and more on the oily side/break-out prone, this mask would be fine for you more often! Again, this mask only cost $1.37!
Freeman Mint & Lemon Clay Mask at Walmart




Give them a try, depending on your skin type, and let me know what you think! If you've tried these masks, or any other other ones, let me know what you thought and how they've worked for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment