Friday, May 11, 2012

Revlon Hair Dye



I have always loved changing my hair color. I get bored too quickly and want to try a new color and then end up needing to change it back because it was too drying, too much maintenance, whatever the case may have been. Well, when I found out I was pregnant with Zoe, I dyed my hair a really pretty black so it'd be simple, easy to maintain, and wouldn't be too drying. During my pregnancy, I was really uncomfortable and hot all the time so I rarely styled my hair using any type of heat (blow dryer, straightener, or curling iron) and didn't color it very often. My hair finally got a break! I'd been doing some type of chemical coloring since I was 12 and 10 years later, after all the chemicals and heat, my hair needed a BREAK! So it finally got one! Besides that, I also found the coconut oil and coconut milk products and really did some deep conditioning treatments to fully restore it. Finally after Zoe was here and it had been about a year of minimal treatments, I was ready to do something a little different.


I went to Hair Cuttery and asked them to lighten it overall. They said the only way to do so from black was to bleach it, which would be too expensive and too rough on my hair. They did a full head foil of highlights and trimmed my bangs and I left wet and not styled and paid $125!!!!!!!!!!!! AT HAIR CUTTERY! Oh and did I mention you could barely see the highlights?! I was pissed to say the least.


I spoke with a friend from high school who is a hair dresser and she had me come in. She did a color correction and bleached my hair and then redyed it a lighter golden brown and told me it would take a few steps, but it would lighten. She did an absolutely fabulous job! She did the color correction, rinse and condition, hair dye, rinse and condition and really took her time with me. She put product in my hair and let me sit under a drier and all of that (including tip!) cost me less than the trip to Hair Cuttery. And she works in a legitimate salon!


My plans were to continue with her, but my husband lost his job and a bunch of things happened which made even that great deal unaffordable for me so I was left in a bit of a bind. I had roots coming in, fluctuations in hair color from the bleaching and redying after so many shampoos and just needed SOMETHING! I'd used many different box dyes before, but didn't love any of them and really couldn't find a shade I liked that wouldn't be too much maintenance. Finally I found it!
Revlon Colorsilk Beautiful Color Permanent Color Dark Golden Brown 37
REVLON Colorsilk Beautiful Color Permanent Color Dark Golden Brown #37
It's a gorgeous color and turned out great! It's really forgiving and blends easily with most skin tones and eyebrow shades from what I've seen. The dye sits on for 25-30 minutes when dying your whole head (not just root touch-up) and rinses out easily. It comes with a conditioning packet like most brands do, but I've found it to be really softening. There is no harsh odor like many hair dyes and it all rinses out easily in the shower so you don't have to worry about your hair being wet and color transferring on to clothes, pillows, sheets, etc. I'll post a picture of the hair color when I post my Ice Loves Coco - Coco makeup look (probably Sunday or Monday) so you can see it! If you're in need of hair dye though, give REVLON Colorsilk color a try.


*Not to mention, it's the most inexpensive name-brand dye I've found. It cost me only $3.14 a box from Walmart! I need 2-3 boxes personally because my hair is long, coarse, and thick! Be sure you have plenty of dye (buy extras and what you don't use, return or save for next time) because you don't want to be caught in the bind of having 3/4 of your hair dyed and none left and needing to run back out!*


Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment