Monday, February 27, 2012

Affordable, easily accessible, and QUALITY make-up line!

I know; it's exciting! I have more make-up than ever necessary, but it's my passion in life. I love finding new products that work well for my needs and being pleasantly surprised when they have multiple uses and I can recommend them to people I know. It's the best when those products are inexpensive, actually work, and aren't super difficult to find. Anyway, my exciting new make-up line addiction is: NYX Cosmetics.


It can be found at Ulta stores and nyxcosmetics.com. I recently purchased concealer, foundation, brow/eyeliner  pencil, and lip gloss. I loved all of it. They recently came out with a new line of make-up called HD. A lot of brands have come out with HD make-up lines since the HD make-up became the new craze once it hit the stores for anyone to buy because who doesn't want to look HD perfect, right? Well, you may have noticed that achieving this look isn't the cheapest thing going, but I have good news. NYX makes it easily attainable.

I purchased their HD concealer for $5.99 and it is AMAZING! I have naturally always had dark under-eye circles that no eye cream has ever diminished (woohoo genes!), redness, a vein from the corner of my mouth to my chin, and the occasional blemish. It covered everything in a one layer application. It comes with a built-in applicator wand that worked just fine for me and I used my ring finger to blot it in under my eyes and a concealer brush for everywhere else. TIP: Always use your ring finger when applying anything under the eye. The skin there is extremely fragile and delicate and that finger is the most gentle and is unable to use much force! The HD foundation was $14.99 and that works beautifully over the concealer. For the first time EVER, I don't have to use much foundation. The concealer covers all my flaws effortlessly without using a lot of product so I just add a little foundation overall to smooth and even it out. I didn't see a finishing powder, but I would advise using one. Any loose or pressed powder (applied with a brush to keep from looking too heavy!) will do, ideally a setting powder though. I lightened my hair recently and needed a lighter eyebrow pencil since I do have holes and sparse spots in my eyebrows. I purchased a taupe colored pencil and they sell it as an eyebrow/eyeliner pencil in one for $3.99. It works great, goes on smoothly, has good color, and stays on with or without gel/wax on top. Lastly, I purchased a lip gloss from them. This isn't the first lip gloss I've bought from them and I'm still happy with it. They have a few different types of gloss, all of which have decent pigment for a gloss and aren't very sticky. Double plus!

It really works out buying it through Ulta as well because you can use Ulta's coupons I've written about before ($3.50 off a purchase of $10 or more) and they often have a Buy 2, Get 1 Free sale on NYX cosmetics so keep your eye out for that! Also, if you buy from NYX website, they offer a discount to professionals so if you need to refresh or start your make-up kit, it's a great way to do so. For the rest of us,  if you need a new product or are looking to update your make-up for spring, or even looking to get your daughter/niece her first make-up set, give this a try. It won't break the bank, but it'll look like you did! :) Enjoy ladies!!!



- NYX Cosmetics website
- NYX Cosmetics at Ulta's website

No comments:

Post a Comment