- sells cosmetics, fragrances, and hair care supplies
- both drug store brands and department store brands
- has a hair salon in store
- Reward Program: Ulta offers two different reward programs you can easily sign up for online at www.ulta.com. You provide your zip code and they'll let you know which program is in your area. The one in my area (Suburbs of Philadelphia) is called Ultimate Rewards. You can earn based on your spending per period 4 rewards certificates a year, which are good for free products or services in their salon. Throughout the year, you'll receive their ad, including coupons that are often more valuable (sometimes $5 off a purchase of $10 or more) than the ones you can print right off their website (usually $3.50 off a purchase of $10 or more). You'll also receive special benefits that they inform you of ahead of time through their ads and e-mails. I once received 2 free eye shadow brushes from Too Faced with any $30 or more Too Faced purchase.
- also sells cosmetics, fragrances, and hair care supplies
- only sells department store brands
- offers free teaching services of either the current look for eyes, lips, or face
- Reward Program: Sephora offers two tiers of their rewards program. The first tier, open to any customers, is called Beauty Insider. They track your spending and give you 1 point per $1 spent. When you reach 100 points, you can choice a free deluxe sample that changes every week. If you save your points, you can reach the 500 point perk, giving you a free limited edition product. You'll also be able to receive a free birthday perk when you shop in store or online during your birthday month. The second tier is the V.I.B. (Very Important Beauty Insider). You achieve this status by spending $350 or more in one year (Jan. through Dec.) in store, online, or inside a Sephora location in JC Penney. You are then enrolled in the V.I.B. program for that year as well as the following. You receive all the benefits you had received before, as well as an offer welcoming you to the program giving you 10% off. They also give you special gifts, invites to their special events, early previews of not yet released products, and more.
Sally Beauty Supply
- There's not much information on this program, but I do know it gives you an overall discount on all products in the store as well as a $5 enrollment reward. This reward program though is NOT FREE. It has a yearly fee of $5, so the enrollment award makes it basically free. This store offers mostly professional salon products like hair coloring, treatments, and supplies.
Lastly, and my personal favorite:
- The Reward Program is called Pretty Points Rewards. It's free and easy to sign up at www.smashbox.com. The great thing about this program is for every $1 you spend, they give you 5 points. Once your account reaches the 500 point mark, you earn a $10 reward certificate. You also get a deluxe bonus sample with every purchase, free weekly gifts, free birthday gift during your birthday month, and access to products before they're discontinued. Also, FREE SHIPPING on any order within the U.S.
I'm sure there's many other rewards programs out there, but these are ones I have experience with and have found to be the most beneficial for me!