Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Look #5 - Rainbow eyes & hot pink lips

I wanted to make a fun spring look with a bunch of bright colors. I was planning on wearing a pink shirt on Easter, a blue flower in my hair, and mint green nail polish so I wanted an array of colors! I created this look using MAC cosmetics, e.l.f. cosmetics, and NYX cosmetics. I used a bunch of colors on my eyes, but it really is very simple to do.

For gorgeous rainbow eyes:

1. I primed my eyelids with MAC's Paint Pot in "Painterly".

2. I then applied a shimmery white eye shadow to my entire lid using a medium eye shadow brush.

3. Next, I applied a bright green shadow to my lid from my inner corner to about 2/3 across my eyelid using e.l.f. cosmetics eye shadow brush "C".

4. After, I applied a bright aqua blue to my remaining 1/3 of my eyelid to my outer corner.

5. I then took a crease brush and applied a bright pink to my crease from the outer corner inward.

6. Finally, I applied a shimmery purple on top of the pink shadow using an angled contour brush.

*If you feel the green and/or blue faded in brightness when you applied the other colors, just reapply by pressing a flat shadow brush on your lid so it just goes where you want*

7. Then I added black eye liner to my lash line using an eyeliner brush. I used a cream liner for a smooth, fluid line.

8. I also added cream eye liner in black to my water line for added definition to my eye.

9. I finished with a bright orange shade under my lower lash line using a small smudge brush.

10. Apply mascara and you'll have vibrant, can't miss eyes!

For luscious, smooth hot pink lips:

1. I always wear a lip conditioner at night to keep my lips soft and smooth. I also apply a lip conditioner when I begin applying my face makeup to keep my lips hydrated and face makeup off them.

2. Before I apply any lip color, I wipe off all the lip conditioner which removes any makeup that fell on top of it and any dead skin.

3. For perfect hot pink lips like I have in this look, I simply apply a lip gloss I have from NYX Cosmetics. It's called "Dolly Girl" and it's the hot pink color in NYX's Xtreme Lip Cream collection.

- NYX Cosmetics





No comments:

Post a Comment