I wanted to do a dramatic eye and a pink lip to create a going-out, nighttime Barbie look. I decided to visit my local Dollar Tree again and check out the L.A. Colors section. I found the perfect products all there to create this look, and best of all, the entire look cost $4.00!
For seductive, evening smokey eyes:
- Using L.A. Colors eye shadow trio in "Lily", apply the middle shade, a dark, sheeny silver to your entire lid. Apply using a medium shadow brush from lash line to the crease and take the color up a little beyond the crease. Layer this color until you achieve your desired darkness. I applied about 3 layers for my look, but even after 1 layer, there was plenty of color!
- Next, take the first shade, a shimmery white, and apply it to your brow bone and down to your inner corner. Only apply one layer of this shade because you'll add more later.
- Now, take the last shade, a matte black color, and take an angled contour brush and apply it to the "V" we've discussed before. That is essentially your outer corner. Work the brush from the outer corner upwards into your crease about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way in depending on how dramatic you want the look to be. I did about 2/3 of my crease in this look. Then take the brush again from your outer corner down along your lash line, only about 1/3 of the way in. This is the "V", just sideways! This tip can be used to apply any smokey eye in any color or to just add your deepest shade for added depth.
- Next, reapply your shimmery white to just under your brow bone and down around to your inner corner. Really focus on your inner corner and layer this color to brighten up your eyes with such a dark look.
- Apply any black eyeliner to your upper lash line and lower water line for more definition.
- Finish the look with L.A. Colors mascara in "Very Black" for dark, defined, dramatic lashes!
For soft, sweet, pink lips:
- As always, begin by applying lip conditioner before you apply any makeup so when you're ready to do your lips at the end of your look, they'll be soft and all the makeup fall-out can be easily swept away.
- Next apply the lipstick in the L.A. Colors Lipgloss & Lipstick Duo in "Twinkle" to your lips. (The complimentary lip gloss is very pretty, but it reduced the pink shade too much for my liking for this look so don't use that gloss.)
- To finish your lips, simply apply L.A. Colors Moisturizing Glossy Lips in "Clear" using your finger tip for full color, kissable, wet lips!
And again, this whole look is under $5.00!
-L.A. Colors Eye Shadow Trio in "Lily" -$1.00
-L.A. Colors Mascara in "Very Black" -$1.00
-L.A. Colors Lipgloss & Lipstick Duo in "Twinkle" -$1.00
-L.A. Colors Moisturizing Glossy Lips in "Clear" -$1.00
(I'm assuming my fellow makeup addicts have a black eye liner at home so I didn't include that in your total so whether you need mascara or liner (or both or neither!), your total cost for this look could be $3.00-$5.00! That's an amazing deal for any look, especially one so pigmented and easy to apply with staying power!