I wasn't sure what look I wanted for sure. I debated soft, subtle eyes and a red lip, blue eyes and a nude lip, or going all out (since it's a holiday and all) and rocking the blue eyes and red lips. Well I forgot (fail!) my red lip stick, gloss .. pretty much anything red .... so blue eyes and a softer lip it was!
Here goes: Fireworks Fierce
Eyes: Blue and White
1. I prime the eye lids (as always) with MAC Paint Pot in "Painterly" from lash line to the brow.
2. Next I applied the lightest shade (top left corner) from the palette "Eye Candy" from L.A. Colors on the entire eye lid.
3. I then took "Irises" from NYX cosmetics, which is a brighter true blue (4th of July blue basically) and applied it on the lid from lash line to the crease. I also worked it up slightly into the crease somewhat fading out. I took a flat eye shadow brush and reapplied the color repeatedly until I got the desired pigment I wanted.
4. I then took the darkest shade (blue in the bottom right corner) of "Eye Candy" from L.A. Colors and applied that in the crease and outer corner.
5. Next, I combined "Crystal Avalanche" and "Naked Lunch" eye shadows from MAC cosmetics with the lightest shade from "Eye Candy" that I originally used over my entire lid and applied those 3 colors to my brow bone and inner corner.
6. I then applied cream eye liner in black to my lash line and a black eyeliner pencil to my lower waterline and finished off with mascara. And of course, I filled in my brows using "Taupe" eye liner/brow pencil from NYX cosmetics.
Lips: Soft Nude Pink
1. I always prep my lips with lip conditioner when I first prime my face before any makeup goes on so when I'm ready to do my lips, they are soft and all dry skin can be wiped off easily with a tissue.
2. Then I applied "Natural Nymph" lipstick from e.l.f. cosmetics.
3. Next, I applied "Cultured" gloss from MAC cosmetics from their Tinted Lipglass line
Then ... ta da! You're 4th of July set!
|Mommy & Zoe (6 mths old already!) on the beach for 4th of July 2012!|