Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A little personal ...

Hey love! I don't usually write blog posts that are primarily personal. I incorporate my experiences with products and occasionally give a background of what is going on in my life, like things with my husband and daughter when I feel like it's relevant.

This post really is just a little update on me. I've entertained going to cosmetology school since I was 16 and have looked into it, toured multiple schools, and even went as far to apply and look into the financial aid process. Up until this past year, I was legally considered a dependent when it came to filing taxes since I lived at home more than 6 months out of the year. This past tax filing season (for 2011's tax returns) I was finally able to file as an independent since I lived on my own and paid my own way and was married and had a baby. Now, when I'd go to apply for financial aid for cosmetology school, I'd qualify for more assistance since I make a good deal less than my parents do (obviously).

So anyway .. tomorrow (July 12, 2012) I'm going to a local cosmetology school and meeting with an admissions adviser. I'm going to tour the school, discuss enrollment dates, and begin the financial aid process. If all goes well and between saving, grants, and student/federal loans the tuition will be handled, I'll finally be getting to cosmetology school!

I've spent my life knowing only one thing for sure: I wanted to be a mom. I never truly found hobbies and from 14 years old on, focused on dating and relationships and never found myself and what makes me me. Luckily before I met my husband, I took the time to genuinely discover who I am. And I knew two things for sure: I still wanted to be a mom and that whether hair, skin, makeup, nails ... whatever, I wanted to help people create the most beautiful them. My daughter is my world and my life and brings me more happiness than I could ever describe, but I finally learned what could make me "tick" and that was cosmetology.

I know some of you may not want to read this post because it's not informative and it's not all that relevant to your lives, but I just wanted to share my happiness with my blog readers today that tomorrow the other half of my dream for my life is beginning. All of your views and comments have really encouraged me to believe this is the right thing for me and that doing this type of work in any capacity, even blogging :), is helping others so thank you for teaching me that.

All my love,
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment