Call the babysitter because us mama's need to get dolled up and be a woman sometimes! I asked what your go to look for Saturday night out is and I'd love to hear more and see more pictures on Facebook, but here is mine from this past Saturday night (July 7, 2012)!
I wasn't sure what I wanted to do so I looked over some pictures other makeup groups post and decided to do my own version of a seductive, primarily deeply black shadow look that I saw. It turned out pretty damn near close to the picture I saw and what I wanted, considering my eye shape was different than that of the girl in the picture. Anyway, here's the look!
Eyes: Black, Smokey, Seductive
1. Apply MAC Paint Pot in "Painterly" to the entire lid from lash line to the brow.
2. Next I applied a cream eye liner from smashbox in "Lava", which is a deep, smokey, shimmery gunmetal that can also be worn as a cream shadow. I applied this from my lash line to my crease using a flat shadow brush and reapplied to desired pigment.
3. Then I took my L.A. Colors eye shadow trio in "Lily", which is a traditional smokey eye trio (white, silver, black), and used the darkest color, black, on top of the cream shadow/liner "Lava". I also continued reapplying this color until I got the depth and pigment I wanted.
4. The girl in the picture I was trying to recreate didn't have a traditional white or off white shadow on her brow bone or inner corner so I recreated with a few colors what she had on. I took "Naked Lunch" and "Goldmine" shadows from MAC on the brush together and applied them to my brow bone and inner corner.
5. I then took just the "Goldmine" shade and applied it directly under the brow, as it appeared to have a golden tone in the look I was trying to recreate.
6. I noticed in the look the girl didn't appear to have eye liner on, but to make sure my lash line looked fluid with the rest of the look, I took the thin end of the eye shadow brush and swept the black color on the upper lash line, around the outer corner, and under the lower lash line. I did also apply a black eyeliner pencil to the lower water line. I applied mascara and filled in my brows and my eyes were set!
Cheeks: Sexy, Subtle Pink
After contouring my cheek bones using bronzer, I applied "Twinkle Pink" blush from e.l.f. cosmetics (the dupe for Nars' blush I wrote about before) to my cheeks.
Lips: Soft Pink
1. As always, my lips were primed and prepped with a lip conditioner.
2. I then applied my lipstick "Angel" from MAC, which is a really pretty, softer pink.
3. I applied MAC's Lipglass in "Cultured" on top for a soft, sweet pink lip to be noticeable since I was going out, but to not fight with the deep, dark eye look. *As a general rule, just do one. Lips or eyes get the va va voom focus and the other gets a complimentary look!*