Thursday, March 22, 2012

Look #3

Today was a surprise date night! I got ready rather last minute, but I created a look I've been wanting to do. I wanted to make my focus on red lips with products I had purchased from e.l.f. cosmetics. I decided to do a golden brown smokey eye with the red lips. I used all e.l.f. makeup for eyes (except primer), cheeks, and lips!

Eyes: As always, I started with my MAC paint pot in painterly for my primer. I then applied the Cream Eyeliner in "Ivory" ($3.00) on top of my primer using the concealer brush. I did this to add a sheeny base to the shadows I was about to apply. I then used shadows from the e.l.f. Studio Makeup Clutch Palette ($15.00). I began using eye shadow brush "C" to apply the golden color (3 rows in, top color) to my lid (lash line to crease). Then, I applied the slightly darker gold (3 rows over, second color down) on top using eye shadow brush "C". Next, I used a combination of the dark, shimmery brown (2 rows in, third color down) and the matte black (8 rows in, third color down) using angled eye shadow brush to my outer corner and into my crease. Last, I used a combination of the light shimmery golden shade (first row, top color) and the shimmery pink shade (first row, second color down) and applied that using eye shadow brush "C" on my brow bone and inner corner. I also used the smudge brush and applied the dark shimmery brown and matte black combination under my lower lash line. I then applied the Cream Eyeliner in "Coffee" in an extremely thin line in my lash line using the small angled brush. I finished up with e.l.f.'s volumizing mascara.


Brows: I used the brow kit that was part of the e.l.f. Studio Makeup Clutch Palette to fill in my brows.


Cheeks: I used a combination of the two blushes in the e.l.f. Studio Makeup Clutch Palette and applied on the apple of my cheeks upwards to my temples. I also swept the bronzer shade over top. I then applied the 2nd shade and 4th shade from the Face Shimmer Palette ($3.00) to my upper cheek bone for definition.

Lips: I conditioned my lips with lip balm while I applied the rest of my makeup. I then wiped that off and applied the e.l.f. Studio Matte Lip Color in "Rich Red" ($3.00). I finished with a coat of e.l.f. Glossy Gloss in "Merry Cherry" ($3.00). I applied this look at 3 p.m., took the pictures below around 5-5:30 p.m., ate an entire dinner (appetizer through dessert and drank water) before I had to reapply anything, and all I needed was a little gloss. For $6.00 total for an entire lip look that didn't bleed or fade was just amazing to me. I've spent over $6.00 on a simple lipstick from a drug store brand that barely gave me any color, let alone lasted that long. I've also used department store lip colors that cost anywhere from $14-$28 that may have a decent amount of pigment, but still very rarely lasted. *Also, the lip color never got dry or uncomfortable, nor was it sticky!

Take a peak & let me know what you think! :) Thanks, loves!







No comments:

Post a Comment