Friday, March 30, 2012

Look #4 (mainly NYX Cosmetics)

Hey there! Finally, the promised new look after my awful flu! Thanks so much for being patient with me. :) This look I got from Ulta's Facebook pictures and made my own version of. I'd love to hear what you think!

First I start with primer all over my face. Then I applied NYX Hi Definition Photo Concealer Wand under my eyes, around my nostrils, on my red spots and the vein on my chin. After I blended the concealer in, I applied the NYX HD Studio Photogenic Foundation. I finished off with and HD finishing powder.

Next, I applied both blush colors from e.l.f. cosmetics makeup clutch palette to my cheeks. Then I applied the bronzer shade to contour my face.

For my eyes, I began, as always, by priming my eyelids with MAC Paint Pot in "Painterly". I then used the eye shadow trio from NYX called "Shangri-LA" which is contains a yellow, peach, and orange eye shadow. I applied the yellow shade in my inner corner about half way across my lid using e.l.f. eye shadow brush "C". Next, I applied the peach shade using the same brush to the outer half of my lid and my brow bone. After blending these just enough so it didn't look like a clear, dividing line down my eyelid, I applied the orange shade to my outer corner and into my crease using e.l.f.'s Angled Contour brush. I defined my eyes by applying cream eye liner in a deep brown using a small angled brush. Then I applied some of the yellow shadow under my eye in just my inner corner, then ran the orange shade under the remaining 3/4 of my eye using a contour brush. I finished up with mascara.

I also used NYX Slim Eye Pencil in "Taupe" on my eyebrows and use a mascara wand to brush out the hairs and distribute the color more naturally.

Lastly, I finished up with my lips. I lined and filled in my lips with NYX Slim Lip Pencil in "Natural". I then applied NYX Xtreme Lip Cream in "Natural" to my entire lip. I also took NYX Xtreme Lip Cream in "Dolly Girl" and ran it around my entire lip line like a thick lip liner. I then used e.l.f.'s Small Precision Brush to blend the brighter color inward so it didn't look like a lip liner.

I also wore one of my new flower clip accessories I've been making too to complete the spring look!

NYX Cosmetics
e.l.f. Cosmetics







No comments:

Post a Comment