Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Promised Post: Stretch Mark Eliminator!

Okay, so finally this post is here! I'm sure you've all seen the commercials and magazine ads out lately for Palmer's line of Stretch Mark creams for pregnancy. They generally show an actress with her belly out who doesn't have a stitch of a stretch mark, so not exactly the most compelling ad. Secondly, my tummy didn't look as good as her 9 month pregnant belly did before I got pregnant so I guess I'm screwed, right? Not quite. It doesn't literally make them disappear, but it does make a big difference!

This cream also isn't only for stretch marks from pregnancy. It's worked on other ones as well. From my pregnancy I got stretch marks around my belly button and my hips. My hips were much darker and longer, but the cream has greatly diminished both for me. I also had a few behind my knee that I HATED! I went to a Catholic high school and our early fall and spring uniforms were a skort and knee highs. Super ideal for walking up the stairs with hundreds of people behind you and hoping your marks aren't visible. Luckily for me, I got out of high school, almost immediately started working in cosmetics as a beauty adviser and learned how to embrace my flaws. We all have them, ladies. From the skinny mini beauties who hate that they don't have the butt they'd pick or the size boobs they want to the voluptuous, curvy vixens who may or may not embrace their va-va-voom hourglass because it may come with stretch marks or make clothes shopping difficult, we all have something we hate. But we're not alone in that! Women need to stop hating on each other for what we don't have because she's probably mutually wishing she had something you did. Embrace and support each other, girls, because not to sound stupidly cliche, you're all gorgeous! And no one is going to see you for the beauty you are, until you embrace it and rock what you got!

Anyway, enough of my mini lecture ;), this stretch mark cream almost completely removed the ones behind my knees and they were over 8 years old! So don't worry if your pregnancy is years in the past or your stretch marks have been there for awhile, this will still help. Don't expect an overnight disappearing act and you have to faithfully apply at least daily, but it will make a difference. It's great paired with the Nivea lotion I blogged about a few posts ago, because while the Palmer's cream is removing your stretch marks, the Nivea lotion will tighten and firm the skin. The combination is what I've been using and I've been really happy with it.

For those mama's out there who are hating on their stretch marks & embarrassed by them, I hope this helps or at least makes you smile (and maybe tear up, damn hormones!):
Pinned Image



Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Stretch Mark Massage Cream can be found at Walmart in a 2-pack for $9.00-$10.00. The 2-pack is worth it; you definitely will go through it!

P.S.- If you have a hunnie, tell them it's a massage cream ... so get to massaging! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment